Every one may be know many frameworks for PHP, some may even don’t know about PHP frameworks, basically frameworks are a solution which is mainly reducing the development time and making the product in a world known standard.
So this is an introduction for another framework call kohana, name is bit like African or Indonesian, why not sometime this name is like an Hindi word, I am not going to research the name :). So will know some attractive features of kohana;
What is KOHANA
It’s a PHP 5 framework complete Object oriented and Model view controller enabled. If briefing more, a Swift, Small and Tiny, Secured and complete PHP 5framework.
As features (as per official document)
- Highly secure
- Extremely lightweight
- Short learning curve
- Uses the MVC pattern
- 100% UTF-8 compatible
- Loosely coupled architecture
- Extremely easy to extend ( as same as codeigniter)
- Strict PHP 5 OOP
- Simple database abstraction using SQL helpers
- Multiple session drivers (native, database, and cookie)
- Powerful event handler allows small modifications dynamically
- Originally based on CodeIgniter
You may ask why kohana is so special, few reasons, and those are very highly strong and those are highly appreciated by all most everyone.
- Fully community driven (un like codeigniter)
- One hundred person PHP 5 and Fully Object Oriented
- No dependency with other packages
- Much better Event handler
- Very suitable for Rapid development cycle
How to start
I guess these are main reasons that you should switch your framework (if your requirements suites above mentions), I am my view all most all the current projects that I am working is very rapid, so I am switched to kohana, if you see these point are valid you also simply use it.